- Advise your potential clients on things they need before the consultation such as colors, ideas and concepts
- Analyze your client to see if they are better off with a phone or face to face consultation. Check out what fits their personality
- Prepare your potential client of how long consultation is going to be. 30 mins, 45 or an hour
- We advise our potential clients to be ready but we also need to be prepared. Prepare with your pen/pencil, pad or if you have a planner notebook for your clients
- Ask a few questions about the wedding, event, or party so you can be prepared and have notes written down about the event and a few ideas
- The world was not built in one day and we all know that your event, wedding or party is not going to be planned in one day. Prepare to have the major details for your event for your consultation, this saves alot of time!
- Major details consist of: Date, Time, Color Scheme, Ideas for Venue, Catering, How many people you are expecting/inviting
- Know your budget! It's good to have ideas and dreams for your special day but before you contact a planner have an estimate or realistic budget! Everything can't get paid by a wish!
- Check out planners website and see what they offer and learn their business