We all know planning a wedding, event, or party can be overwhelming. There are so many details you don't know where to start. Sometimes clients are ready to randomly start in any area of the planning process and they think they are getting things done. You are getting things done but not in a proper order and details are everywhere and then plans become haywire! I conduct many consultations for catering , rentals,and wedding planning. Many potential clients have not booked their venue, set a date, they book their decorator before their caterer or venue, the list goes on and on! As a professional here is the proper order for planning your special day:
1. Set Date- Setting a date is crucial to book all your vendors and to let your guest know.
2. Set Realistic Budget: Before you rush and look at invitations, cakes, venues and catering, set a realistic budget so you know what you are looking for and you can be realistic with your vendors.
3. Venue- Your venue is the top expensive vendor in your budget! When you book your venue that will help you flow with your designs, head count and overall image and theme for your wedding. Some people wait until the last minute and assume their date will be available for their special day. Venues get booked fast and most likely they will not hold dates.
4.Catering-Catering is the second most expensive vendor. Food sets the tone for your special day. Many people like to book a caterer first before they have a budget or before a venue. Booking your caterer after booking your venue is important. You don't want to book your caterer first due to many venues having many rules and regulations and qualifications for caterers. You would not want to be in a situation where you book your caterer and they cannot cater your wedding.
5. Décor/Rentals- This area is the third largest expense. For some reason people put rentals and décor on the backburner and don't realize the cost of linens, chair covers, flowers, napkins etc,,, this area is the most over looked area in the planning process.
6. Invitations-Invitations and save the dates are important because you want to keep your guests informed on your special day. Depending your style and guest count, invitations can get costly.
7.Photography/Videography- Capturing the moment is so important! Many people are also hiring photo booths for those great memories. There are tons of photographers out there but you want the one that fits your budget and captures those great memories.
8. Cake-People will always remember how the cake tasted! Depending on your guest count, flavor of cake and design you want to find the right baker to make things pop!
9. DJ/Musicians- Ready to party? The DJ and musician sets the tone for the ceremony and reception
10. Transportation-Ride in style and pick the right transportation company.